Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WIIFM (What's in it for me?)

When I worked at Career Quest as an Administrative Assistant we had an all employee conference.  That is where I learned about WIIFM (pronounced whif im)  What's in it for me?  I think the same thing applies when we begin a new workout or diet program. 

For me the WIIFM was to feel healthy and happy with myself.  I really didn't like how I felt when I was so heavy.  Maybe for you it's to lower your cholesterol or to get rid of pre-diabetes.  Or maybe it's to feel pretty again.  Whatever it is you need to find out what your WIIFM is.  Once you do there's no going back.  Focus on it.  When you don't feel like working out or you want that donut sitting in the break room at work remember your WIIFM.  When I don't want to workout I think back to how I felt when I was heavier and then I remember that I don't ever want to feel like that again.

Recently I hit a plateau.  It's so frustrating.  I added to my workouts.  Working out twice as hard as I was.  I've been doing really well with eating right.  I've had thoughts about eating the chocolate that my husband brings home.  But I have WIIFM.  I have to remember that muscle weighs more than fat.  I can't give up now.  I've got my eye on the prize.  So I'll keep plugging away and I know that eventually I'll get on the scale and there WILL be a weight loss. 

Everyone will hit a plateau at some point in their weight loss journey.  When it happens you can't give up!  Think about how far you have come.  I would love to hear from you.  What kind of things do you do to help get over a plateau?  Have you ever had thoughts of giving up when the scale wouldn't budge? 

No comments:

Post a Comment