Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I really am a work in progress.  I have been working on myself for the last 9 months.  I mean REALLY and truly trying to change my "lifestyle". 
After I had my second daughter in April I felt huge.  I had a hard time keeping up with my 2 year old and now I had an infant to take care of as well.  I was unhappy with how I had let myself go.  Working as an Administrative Assistant while I was pregnant didn't help matters either.  I sat all day and when you work in an office people tend to bring in snacks.  Not healthy snacks but donuts, cakes, and muffins. I was pregnant and I thought, "Oh well, I'm going to gain weight anyway." "I might as well enjoy myself."  Enjoy myself I did.  The day I gave birth to Hailey (my second baby) I had NEVER weighed so much in my whole life.  I was secretly hoping that she weighed 50lbs.  That was wishful thinking.  After I gave birth to her and came home I jumped on the scale.  Panic started to set in.  How in the world was I going to lose all this weight?  I started to diet.  The scale wouldn't budge.  Curse you donuts, cakes, and potato chips! 
Two of my friends (a mother and daughter team) Sally and Alicia had become Beachbody coaches while I was pregnant.  After seeing their before and after pictures I decided to try one of the workout programs.  The first one I chose for myself was Hip Hop Abs.  I LOVED it!  It was like dance.  I didn't even feel like I was working out.  There were so many dvds how was I ever going to get bored?  I started to eat healthier too.  Salads and chicken became a staple in my household.  Slowly I started to add beef and pork back into my diet.  The scale was starting to budge and then it started sliding.  YAY!  I was finally getting somewhere. 
Sally and Alicia talked me into becoming a Beachbody coach in November.  After I became a coach I decided to try another workout program.  I picked ChaLEAN Extreme.  I am still using this program.  I love the strength training.  I love hearing Chalene say, "Muscle burns fat."  There's something empowering about it to me. 
I hope you'll follow me on my journey of becoming fit and healthy.  I promised my best friend Stacey that this wouldn't just be a blog about fitness updates but things about my personal life as well.  She told me that she likes reading personal things.  I'll do my best to throw some of that in my blogs too.

What's your story?  Are you on the path to weight loss?  Do you exercise regularly?  I would love to hear what your thoughts are on "lifestyle" changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment