Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Helpful Hint or Two

When you have little kids it can make losing weight some what challenging.  One thing I started to notice myself doing was eating what my daughter Evie  left on her plate.  It would drive me nuts that she could leave so much left over.  I would finish it for her.  This is a HUGE no no.  It's hard to do but I finally started walking her plate over to the trash can and scraping off what was left. I don't need to put all of those extra calories into my body.  After I started to do that I noticed that the scale started moving again.  Sometimes you need to step back and see what you're actually doing.  It's so easy to sabotage yourself without even realizing it. 

Another trick that I find works for me is posting a picture of yourself at your thinnest on the refrigerator. I have a picture of myself from when I was 17.  One of the thinnest moments in my life. I posted this picture on my refrigerator.  That way when I feel like I need a snack I go to the refrigerator and see that picture.  It makes me think twice about what I pick for a snack.  Sometimes I just walk away from it altogether.  It's a nice little reminder of what you're working towards.

This is the picture of myself that I have on my refrigerator.  Laugh all you want but if this isn't motivation I don't know what is.  Obviously after having two children my stomach will never look like that again. But it does the job of keeping me away from the unhealthy snacks when I am having a "moment".

I was having cravings for chocolate.  Yummy, sweet, delicious chocolate.  My husband likes to bring chocolate home for himself.  One problem, I would find it and eat it.  So I decided that I needed to find something healthier to satisfy my craving.  Low and behold Beachbody had the answer I was looking for.  A chocolate shake.  Shakeology!  I decided to give it a try.  It's not only healthy for you it's absolutely delicious!  Plus there are so many wonderful things that Shakeology can do for you.  It can help you lose weight by filling you up and reducing your cravings.  It helps you to feel energized, improves digestion, and it can actually help lower your chloesterol. For me it truly is a lifesaver! 

What about you?  Do you have any helpful hints about weight loss that you would like to share?  Is there a product you just can't live without?

2 comments:

  1. This picture brings back memories! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. Stacey said the exact same thing! She also said that it must have been awhile since she had last organized my closet. hahaha! Cleaning when I was 17 was not high on my priority list.

    ReplyDelete